Winterfest: 1/16/11 UPDATED
On Sunday, January 16, we will be hosting an adult ski clinic and a series of "Try It" ski races at Mendon Ponds Park, North Meadow. Park Ave Bike and Ski will also have skis to try out and have free rentals.
Registration will begin at 8am. We will have a tent set up just off Canfield Road near the "sign". Please plan to register at least 1/2 hour before your desired event.
More details after the Read More
- Event & clinic fee: free to members and RXCSF Youth, $5 for everyone else (covers both the clinic and race)
- Insurance fee: free to NYSRRA members, $5 if not a NYSRRA member (insurance required for clinic participation also).
- short course - 1 minor climb, ~ 250 meters per loop - green on this map
- medium course - 1 larger climb, ~ 500 meters per loop - fuchsia on this map
- long course - 2 larger climb, 1 shorter climb, nice down hill, ~ 1000 meters per loop - lite blue on this map
- the Water Tower loop will not be used so that we don't cross the Snow Shoe race occurring near the same time
Events, Timings, and Distances
- 8:30 - 10am: adult clinic
- 8:30 - 12noon: Park Ave Bike and Ski will have skis to rent (for free) and trial
- 9am: J6 (2003 - 04) - one short loop
- ~ 9:15am: J5 (birth dates 2001 - 02) - two short loops
- ~9:30am: J4 (1999 - 00) - two medium loops
- ~ 9:45am: J3 (1997 - 98) - three medium loops
- ~10am: Novice adults - three medium loops
- ~10:20am: J2 - two long loops
- ~10:45am: J1, OJ, Intermediate & Advanced adults - four long loops
All events are freestyle. You can choose to skate or classic ski.
Last Updated (Monday, 07 February 2011 07:25)