Thank you to everyone who participated in our post-season survey! The survey was sent to current and past RXCSF supporters on our contact list and 340 of you responded. Here are some of the key takeaways:
- 75% of the respondents were current RXCSF supporters.
- 60% of respondents used the RXCSF Facebook page for up-to-date information.
- Mendon Ponds Park was the most visited RXCSF groomed location, followed by Harriett Hollister, Durand Eastman, and Webster Park.
- When asked where they skied the most, 44% of respondents indicated that they skied the most at Mendon Ponds Park, while 25% reported Harriet Hollister and 25% reported Durand as their primary ski location.
- Our respondents said that daily updates to the RXCSF website conditions page was the most important to them, followed by daily grooming when applicable. Working with Monroe County Parks Department to designate North Meadow or another section of the park as “Skiing Only” was also very popular amongst the responses.
We also received a lot of other suggestions such as additional signage at all the parks, not only for navigation but also for public awareness and safety. We will be addressing this in the off season, working to update our trail maps and provide additional signage for trail etiquette and trail difficulty levels. In response to the survey, we are meeting with the Monroe County Parks Department to see what steps can be taken to improve grooming frequency at Mendon Ponds Park as well as to explore the feasibility of having a designated ski-only area. We have also brought all of our grooming equipment in for spring servicing and will be storing them at a new location over the summer so that they are ready to go next winter. We will also be reaching out to NY State Parks in regards to trail work at Harriet Hollister Spencer State Recreation Area this off season.
The RXCSF board has been meeting monthly and is working on the aforementioned items in response to the survey. We also received many comments from individuals who expressed interest in helping out. If you are interested in volunteering with RXCSF, please fill out this form.
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey!